TAPE SCRIPT LISTENING SHORT DIALOGUE TALKING ABOUT FUTURE PLANS

March 13, 2019

TAPE SCRIPT LISTENING SHORT DIALOGUE TALKING ABOUT FUTURE   PLANS

1.        Woman : Could you come to my house tomorrow morning?
Man : I’m sorry, I can’t. I’ll have a meeting but I’m free in the afternoon.
Woman : OK. Please come at any time.

     What does the man imply?
a.  He could have helped her.
b.  He wanted to go with her.
c.  He enjoyed the party very much
d.  He would like to call the woman.

2.   Man : I’d like to reserve two tickets to Makassar, please.
Woman : When and how do you plan to go?
Man : Garuda Airways, please. It’s for next Saturday.

Where will they probably be at six forty-five?
a.    At the Plaza.
b.    In the office
c.    Still at work
d.    On the way to the Plaza

3.   Man : According to the weather report on TV last night, it might rain heavily in our city tomorrow.
Woman : In that case, I should always bring an umbrella.

What does the man say about the weather?
a.    It appears on TV.
b.    The woman will bring an umbrella.
c.    The city will be wet.
d.    The weather will be sunny.


4.   Woman : I want to invite you to come to my house this evening.
Man : I’ll be glad to. What is it? Your engagement?
Woman : No. I’ve been accepted at Jakarta University.
Do come between 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. There’ll be some other friends from Senior High.

What is the girl going to hold in her house?
a.    an engagement party
b.    a university party
c.    a celebration party
d.    a senior high farewell party

5.   Man : Joanne, you are not going to University. Why?
Woman : Well, I need to get work experience, first and to get some money as well.

Why does the woman want to find a job?
a.    To support the family
b.    To have some money for herself
c.    To find some money for continuing her study
d.    To help her friends

6.   Woman : Are you free this weekend?
Man : I have something to do at home. I have to finish painting the fence on Friday and Saturday. Why?
Woman : Would you like to join me to watch the movie in Jakarta Theatre?
Man : All right. I’ll finish the work by midday on Saturday. I’ll pick you up at 4 p.m.

   When will they watch the movie?
a.    Sunday afternoon
b.    Friday and Saturday
c.    Friday afternoon
d.    Saturday afternoon


7.   Man : How does it feel if I press here?
Woman : Oh, that hurts.
Man : I see. You have an appendix. We’ll have an operation immediately.

 Which part of her body hurts?
a.    Stomach
b.    Eye
c.    Ear
d.    Throat

8.    Woman : James, I need one hundred more bed shield and pillow cashes of
any color. Can you deliver them this week?
Man : Sure but the price is increasing about 10%. Will you still make an order?
Woman : If that so, I have to tell this to my boss. I’ll give you a call after lunch.

What is the woman going to do?
a.    Talk to her boss.
b.    Cancel the order.
c.    Ask for a discount
d.    Look for another supplier.

9.   Woman : John, are you sure we are going to open a new branch?
Man : Yes, that’s the board’s decision but I’m not sure it’ll be a success.
Woman : It’s going to be hard work, then.

What did John think about opening a new branch?
a.    He was pessimistic on it.
b.    It will be a great success
c.    He was, sure the board's decision are good
d.    It's going to hard to open it.

10.   Man : What are we going to do after work?
Woman : We can have dinner at the plaza at 7 if you like.
Man : Sounds good. I’ll pick you up at 6.30. We need half an hour to get there.

Where will they probably be at six forty-five?
a.  At the Plaza.
b.  In the office
c.  Still at work
d.  On the way to the Plaza


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »