TAPE SCRIPT LISTENING SHORT DIALOGUE TALKING ABOUT PAST EVENTS FROM UN

March 13, 2019

1.   Woman : I’ve been working with the company since 2000.
Man : That’s quite long. Have you thought about quitting?
Woman : No, I enjoy my job here.

How long has the woman been working with the company up until now?
a.  5 years
b.  9 years
c.  15 years
d.  19 years

2.   Man : I was in Bandung from 1981 to 1990 and then I moved to Semarang and lived there for 15 years before I came here.
Woman : Why did you move to this town?
Man : I got a better business opportunity.

How long did the man live in Bandung?
a.            5 year
b.           9 years
c.            15 years
d.           20 years


3.   Woman : Hi, Andrew it’s been a long time since I saw you.
Man : Hi, Diane. Yes, it’s been a long time since I saw you. How are you?
Woman : I’m very well, thank you. Oh, this is my colleague Roseanne.
She is a secretary to our director Mr. John Brine. Man : Hi, Roseanne. Pleased to meet you.

   Who is the secretary to tile director?
a.    Andrew
b.    Diane
c.    John Brine
d.    Roseanne

4.   Woman : I was afraid and cried out asking for help when the fire was getting bigger.
Man : Did anyone come to help you?
Woman : Yes, many people came. When they saw fire they ran out and came back with buckets of water and sacks of sand. They hope to extinguish fire.

   What sort of experience did the woman have?
a.    Interesting
b.    Frightening
c.    Amusing
d.    Boring

5.      Man : I didn’t see you at the cocktail party. Where were you?
Woman : My car wouldn’t start. How was the party?
Man : Great! Everybody was there.

What does the man imply?
a.         He could have helped her.
b.         He wanted to go with her.
c.         He enjoyed the party very much
d.         He would like to call the woman.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »