SOAL LETTER TEXT

March 24, 2019
Read the text and answer the questions

Dear Big Meal’s representative

I’m writing to inform you that I had a negative bad experience at your location in Columbus, New Jersey on August 4. My receipt number is 512, and the person who handled my order was Alex.

First of all, I recognize that you, as the reader of this letter, are not responsible for my bad experience, but I am still upset about the situation.
I went to the drive through and ordered seven meals with no pickles. When I received my order, I checked that all of the sandwiches and fries were in the bag paid and drove away. When 1 got home, 1 realized my number seven had pickles on it. I’m allergic to pickles, and I didn’t want to waste the sandwich, so I drove back to the drive through to explain the situation and get it fixed.
I feel very disappointed with this interaction, as I usually enjoy my experiences at your restaurant. To fix this situation, I would like a coupon for a free meal of my choice. I think an apology from Alex is also appropriate.
Please contact me at 555.555.5555 or email me back at jkorkell@gmail.com. I would like this situation to be resolved so I can continue to be a loyal Big Meal’s patron.

Best,
Jim Korkel


What is the letter about?
A.      Applying for a job
B.      Complaining bad service
C.      Ordering a certain item
D.      Inquiring Mr Jim Korkell
E.       Reserve for a meal

Who is in charge to take the order of “the drive through service”?
A.      The cashier
B.        Alex
C.       Jim Korkel
D.      The manager



Read the text and answer the questions
Top of Form
Bottom of Form



Dear  Sir/Madam

I am writing to complain about an article in last Monday’s newspaper. “School fail low-income children.” As the head teacher of one of the largest
 high schools in the city.I feel strongly that the article does not describe our school.

My school has children from many different economic background, but a large percentage some from lower-income families. Nevertheless, our tests
 show that the children  do well and benefit from the excellent work our teachers do. Last year our school moved from 24m to 5th place according
 to the official assesment by the state goverment. This is clearly not the “Tailure” that the article suggest.

I would be strongly recommend that more carefull reserch should be conducted in the future so that your newspaper will be more realistically describe
 the true situation in our schools.

Yours sincerelly,
Joan Gonzales


 The letter shows Ms. Gonzales's strong disagreement with the newspaper’s claim that ....
A.     Children from low-income families do not perform well in the official assessment
B.     The poor students in her school fail in the national examination
C.     Her school only admit students from economically advantaged families
D.     Many of her students fail because of their parents' low income
E.      Low-income children are not as good as high-income children
I.      
Top of Form

 What is expected by Joan Gonzales from Monday's newspaper?
A.    To present information based on facts
B.     To conduct more research
C.     To fix the information given
D.    To explain more about that school
E.     To be responsible for the report

Read the text and answer the questions
Taylor, Inc694
Rockstar Lane
Durham, NC 2778

Dear Human Resources,
            I just read an article in the New Observer about Taylor’s new computer centre in North Durham. I would like to apply for a position as an entry-level Progammer at the centre.
            I understand that Taylor produces both in-house and documentation. I am a fresh graduate of De Vry Institute of Technology in Atlanta with an Associate’s degree in Computer Science. In addition I have taken a broad range of courses,
I served as a computer consultan at the college’s computer centre where I helped training computer users on new systems.
Qi will be happy to meet you at your convenience and discuss how my education an experience match your needs. You can reach me at (919)233-1552
Sincerely

Raymond Krick

            What is the text about ?
A.    An order letter
B.     An application letter
C.     A complaint letter
D.    A reservation letter

              What will the Human Resources Department probably do after reading the letter?
A.    Evaluate the salary offered.
B.     Start working at Talyor, Inc
C.     Promote Mr Krick to be a manager.
D.    Consider Mr Krick for an interview.

             “You can reach me at .....” (3rdparagraph)
The underlined word has the similar meaning to...........
A.     
B.     Take
C.     Send
D.    Give
E.     contact






Read the following text to answer questions


April 7, 2017 


Dear Barbara, 

Hi there. How are things with you? It's good to know that you are doing fine in business. Have you received my postcard?

I am now sitting in my hotel room writing a letter to you about my wonderful holiday. I think this is the most wonderful holiday have I ever had. There are a lot of interesting tourist objects to visit, beautiful local art and craft, tasty traditional food, and much more. It's Thursday today. I can't believe this my last day. I wish I could spend more time here. I am certain I will stay longer on my next visit.

I'll be home about 3 p.m. tomorrow if the flight is on time. On Monday I must go back to work. I can't wait to show my video to my class.

Okay, that's all for now. Send my love to your children.

Best wishes,

Vivian


MENENTUKAN GAMBARAN UMUM

1.      The letter tells us about ....

a.       Barbara's letter

b.      Vivian's favorite places

c.       Vivian's holiday in Bali

d.      Barbara's plan to visit Bali

e.       Vivian’s promotion about Bali


MENGIDENTIFIKASI INFORMASI TERTENTU

2.      On what day is Vivian going to arrive home?

a.       Sunday

b.      Monday

c.       Thursday

d.      Friday

e.       Saturday


MENGIDENTIFIKASI INFORMASI RINCI

3.      The letter shows that Vivian ....

a.       did not have nice holiday

b.      had not eaten the day before

c.       bought all beautiful local art

d.      stayed in hotel during the holiday

e.       had tasted the traditional food


MENGIDENTIFIKASI INFORMASI TERSIRAT 

4.      We can guess that Vivian works as......

a.       A Doctor

b.      A Lawyer

c.       A Teacher

d.      A Secretary

e.       A Tourist guide


MENENTUKAN MAKNA KATA

5.      “I think this is the most wonderful holiday have I ever had" (paragraph 2)

The underlined word has the same meaning with ...

A.    ordinary

B.     awesome

C.     common

D.    popular

E.     hateful


Read the text carefully then answer the following questions.



Simon Powell

The Human Resources & Administration Head
Inara Lightings, Ltd.
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates


Dear Sir or Madam :

I am writing to explore the possibility of employment as Document Controller in your reputable firm. I am a Computer Science graduate of the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City. I bring with me several years of experience as information systems analyst of leading companies that include Nissan Motor Philippines, Inc.

My strong computer skills, knowledge of modern word processing software, and project management tools are but some of the things that make me an asset to your company.

Attached is my resume for your perusal. Should you require any further information, I can be reached at 632-555-1234 (during regular business hours), or at 632-555-6789 (at weekends).


Yours Faithfully,
John Wang


MENENTUKAN GAMBARAN UMUM

1.      What is the letter about?

A.     A personal letter.

B.     An inquiry letter.

C.     A complaint letter.

D.     A resignation letter.

E.     An application letter.



MENGIDENTIFIKASI INFORMASI TERTENTU

2.      What is the position being applied?

A.     Document controller.

B.     Information systems analyst.

C.     Workers at Nissan Motor Philippines.

D.     Modern word processing software analyst.

E.      Human Resources and Administration Head.




MENGIDENTIFIKASI INFORMASI RINCI

3.      Why did John Wang write the letter?

A.     To quit a job.

B.     To apply for a job.

C.     To enclose a CV.

D.     To seek for a resume.

E.      To give contact details.


MENGIDENTIFIKASI INFORMASI TERSIRAT

4.      Based on the information in paragraph 2, which of the following might be the applicant’s character?

A.     Reluctant.

B.     Awkward.

C.     Confident.

D.     Annoying.

E.      Selfish.



MENENTUKAN MAKNA KATA

5.      What does the word perusal mean?

A.     Something to write.

B.     Something to read.

C.     Something to apply for.

D.     Something to comment.

E.      Something to announce.



Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »