INVITING SOMEONE

September 08, 2019

 INVITING SOMEONE

Mengundang or mengajak seseorang

Read following dialogue and find out which one the expression of inviting someone
Harvey  : Now. I have a surprise. We’ve booked the Southern Tower restaurant to celebrate our         partnership. We’d like to invite you to dinner.
John    :  The Southern Tower? We tried to go there but it’s booked out for months.
Harvey   :Ah yes… but Douglas has a lot of influence in Sydney! We’ve     booked a table for 7 o’clock. Caroline and Douglas will be there too.
John      :How wonderful. We’d love to come.
Andre    :Yes, thank you.
Here are some useful phrases in inviting someone (mengajak/ mengundang seseorang)

Inviting
We’d like to invite you to dinner.
"What are you doing next Saturday? We're having some people over for a meal. Would you like to come?"
"Are you free next Thursday?"
"Are you doing anything next weekend?"
"Would you be interested in coming to the cinema with me tonight?"
"How do you fancy going out for a meal at the weekend?"

Accepting (menerima)
We’d love to come.
"I'd love to, thanks."
"That's very kind of you, thanks."
"That sounds lovely, thanks."
"What a great idea, thanks."
"Sure! What's on?"

Declining (menolak)
"That's very kind of you, but actually I'm doing something else on Saturday."
"Well, I'd love to, but I'm already going out to the cinema."
"I'm really sorry, but I've got something else on."
"I really don't think I can – I'm supposed to be doing something else."

1.        Yuni: "I’ve joined an English club. Would you like to join us in our next meeting this weekend?"
Gina: ".... I have nothing to do on Saturdays and Sundays."
Yuni: "Great then. That way we can always practice our English."
A.  I’m very sorry but I can’t come with you.
B.  I think you should practice alone.
C.  That sounds interesting.
D.  How do you practice your English?

2.        Sam: "Dyta, are you free next Sunday? We will have a little reunion with our
Junior High School friends in Bamboo Cafe."
Dyta: "Sure, .... What time will it be?"
Sam: "8 a.m. Make sure you won’t be late."
A.  I’m supposed to do something else.
B.  I don’t think so.
C.  I have a lot of work to do.
D.  I’d love to.

3.        Diva      : Do you have plan for tomorrow morning?
        Raka     : I don’t. Why?
        Diva      : . . .  to join me visiting Tom and Yeni in their new house?
        Raka     :  I’d have to. Let’s go there at around 7 p.m.
A. Do you agree
B. Would you like
C. Don’t you think
D. I am going with you

4.        Kenny : I’ve got two tickets for International Circus show. Would you like to come along??
        Nina :……
Kenny : Oh. , that’s ok. Maybe next time you can join.
A.  I won’t miss it          
B.  I’m afraid I can’t
C.  I like Circus.             
D.  That  would be interesting

5.        Yuni: "I’ve joined an English club. Would you like to join us in our next meeting this weekend?"
Gina: ".... I have nothing to do on Saturdays and Sundays."
Yuni: "Great then. That way we can always practice our English."
A. I’m very sorry but I can’t come with you.
B. I think you should practice alone.
C. That sounds interesting.
D. How do you practice your English?

6.        Mr.Hanung : Would you like to visit our new school  next week,ma’am?
Karen : . . . . I’ll be available next week at 9:00 AM
A.  I’m really sorry
B.  That would be great.
C.  I’d love to, but I can’t
D.  You will be disappointed.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »