COULD I TAKE A MESSAGE, PLEASE?

August 25, 2020

 Hello my beloved students,

Welcome back to my blog

Today we will take about how to leave a message (in workplace)

Jadi hari ini kita akan belajar tentang bagaimana meninggalkan pesan dalam sebuah telephone khususnya di lingkungan kerja.

Okay, let me ask you some questions first?

1. Have you ever made a phone call? (pernahkan kamu menelpon seseorang)

2. What do you say first? (kata apa yang kamu katakan pertama kali)

3.   Have you ever received a call? (pernahkah kamu menerima telepon?)

4. What do you ask the caller? ( apa yang kamu tanyakan ke penelpon?)

5. What do you say if the caller wants to speak to your father but he is not at home? What do you say when you want the caller to leave a message? ( jika ada si penelpon ingin berbicara dengan ayahmu tapi beliau tidak di rumah, apa yang kamu katakan agar penelepon meninggalkan pesan?)


Jadi gambarannya seperti itu ya, namun yang kita pelajari lebih khusus yaitu tentang etika menelepon dan bagaimana cara mengungkapkan ketika meninggalkan pesan di dunia kerja.

 


Now, please pay attention to the dialog!


Secretary            : Good morning. Gama Corporation. Can I help you?

Caller                  : Good morning. May I speak to Mr Fahrur Assegaf, please?

Secretary            : Who’s speaking, please?

Caller                  : This is Apryan Siregar of Horasindo Oil Company.

Secretary            : I beg your pardon, Sir.

Could you spell your first name, please?

Caller                  : Alfa-Papa-Romeo-Yankee-Alfa-November. That’s APRYAN.

Secretary            : Thank you, Mr Apryan Siregar. Just a moment, please.

Caller                  : All right.

Secretary            : I’m sorry, Sir.

Mr Assegaf is in a meeting with the Board now.

Caller                  : That’s OK! He is the Headboard. Can I leave a message?

Secretary            : With pleasure, Sir.

Caller                  : Please tell him to call me back at 1 p.m. today.

Secretary            : Right, Sir. Could I have your phone number, please?

Caller                  : Sure. +62-817-410-4496. Have you got that?

Secretary            : Yes, Sir. +62-817-410-4496. Anything else, Sir?

Caller                  : Is Mr Rahmat, his assistant, in?

Secretary            : I’m sorry, Sir. He is attending a seminar in Ogan Hotel. Could I take your message, Sir?

Caller                  : Emm... please tell him that I’ll come to see him at 9 tomorrow morning.

Secretary            : Right, Sir. I’ll give your message.

Caller                  : OK. Thank you for your help.

 

 1. Who is the caller'? (The caller is Mr Apryan Siregar.)

2. Whom does he want to speak to'?

3. What does the secretary say to know who is calling'?

4. What does she say to clarify the caller’s name'?

5. How does the caller spell his name'?

6. What does he say when he wants to leave a message'?

7. What does the caller want Mr Assegaf to do'?

8.What is his message to Mr Rahmat'? 9. What does the secretary say to know the caller’s phone number'?

10.What does she say to end the conversation'?

  Vocabulary:

board (kb)             : Dewan Direksi

headboard (kb)   : Pimpinan Dewan Direksi

attend (kkt)           : menghadiri


Vocabulary:

board (kb)             : Dewan Direksi

headboard (kb)   : Pimpinan Dewan Direksi

attend (kkt)           : menghadiri

Cara menuliskan dalam pesan dalam sebuah memo sebagai berikut!

 

TELEPHONE MESSAGE

From         : Mr Apryan Siregar                                             Day/Date   : Wednesday/26- 8 - 2020

To              : Mr Fahrur Assegaf                                               Time         : 9.30 a.m.

 

Message   :. Please tell Mr Fahrur Assegaf   to call Mr Apryan Siregar back at 1 p.m. today.

 

 

 

 

Taken by

 

Ani

Secretary

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s so easy, isn’t it? Cukup mudah dimengerti, ya.

 The summary atau rangkumannya ada di bawah ini

 Do you still remember:

how the secretary greets the caller?

what the caller says to inform his/her purpose?

what the secretary says to inform that the one the caller wants to speak to is not in?

 

Here are words and expressions usually used in formal telephoning.

To make a call

Greetings (Good morning/afternoon/evening). May I speak to ..., please?

I’m ...(your name) from ...(your company’s name) I’m calling about ...(your purpose) Could you put me through to Mr/Mrs...? Could I leave a message?

Could you take my message for Mr/Mrs...?

 

To receive a call

Greetings (Good morning/afternoon/evening)+ name of your company.

Can I help you?                                                  May I help you?

Who’s calling, please?                                       Who’s speaking, please?

May I have your name, please?                           Could I have your number?

Hold on, please.                                                Just a moment, please.

I’m sorry. The line is engaged.                            Sorry, Sir/Ma’am. The line is busy.
I’ll put you through to Mr/Mrs...

Do you want to hold on, or call again later?

Can I take your message?

Could you speak up, please? It’s a terrible connection.


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »