Expression of Asking and Giving Opinions

July 29, 2020

Expression of Asking and Giving Opinions

 

Di kesempatan kali ini, kita akan membahas tentang bagaimana cara memberikan pendapat dalam bahasa Inggris. Beberapa ungkapan berikut sering dipakai untuk menanyakan dan mengemukakan dalam bahasa Inggris.

 


Asking for Opinions

 

How do you feel about that?

What is your point of view?

David, I would really appreciate your view.

Have you got any thoughts on this?

Do you have any views on this?

Does anyone have any other comments?

 

Responding to Opinions

 

I see what you mean.

You’ve got a point there.

That’s a very good point.

That’s a great suggestion.

That’s one way of looking at it.


 

Giving  Opinions


I believe…

I’m convinced that…

I’m sure that…

I have no doubt…

There’s no doubt in my mind that…

I’m quite certain that…

I think…

Well, if you ask me…

I’d like to point out that…

As I see it…

In my opinion…

I feel that…

My impression is that…

I am not sure but I am leaning towards…

I tend to think…


 

Sekarang perhatikan dialog berikut. Analysis apakah ada ungkapan meminta pendapat di dalamnya?

Cari tahu dengan menjawab soal latihannya.

 

Exercises!

Read the dialog and answer the questions!

Nokia       : I didn’t see you follow on line learning, where have you been?

Xiaomi     : I was at home but unfortunately the electricity in my place area is off .

Nokia       : Owh poor you! That’s the negative thing when doing online school.

Xiaomi     : Yeach! The online school is so annoying. Since it all takes place at my home, destressing has become more difficult because I feel like school is there with me the entire day. What do you think about it?

Nokia       : You are right. In my opinion compared with normal schooling, online learning is less effective to me. At school, I can approach teachers at any time if I have questions, and I can also discuss with my classmates. I miss my friends, staying at home for such a long time is so boring.

Xiaomi     : I really hope, the covid pandemic will be over so  we can return to our school as soon as possible.

 

Questions!

1.      What are they talking about?

2.      Why Xiaomi didn’t join online learning at that day?

3.      Mention the expression of asking opinion?

4.      Mention the expression of giving opinion

5.      Do you agree with their opinion? Why?

6.      I feel like school is there with me the entire day. What is the meaning and  synonym of underlined word?

A.    Find the meaning of : A. Annoying, B. boring

7.      Translate in English.


A.     Senang

B.     Menyenangkan

C.     Susah

D.    Menyusahkan

E.     Terkejut

F.     Mengejutkan

 


 


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »